cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge two accounts - both up for renewal

daleb
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My wife and I are both now up for contract renewals.  What I wish to know is if we are able to merge the two accounts (i.e. Have 1 account with 1 added line), keep our existing numbers, select a new plan and upgrade our devices at the same time?  What sort of options do we have for something like this? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Daleb,

Welcome to the community!

You should be able to merge the two accounts. You or your wife would need to request a transfer of responsibility (TOR) to have the line transferred to the other's account. In order to do so, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to acess your account(s).

Since it appears that both of your accounts are with Fido, there would be no need to port phone numbers. You should be able to keep both phone numbers on the same account once the transfer is completed.

Fido has some security measures to prevent fraudulent activity. On such measure is the restriction of hardware upgrades until after 30 days of accout activation (see here). I understand that your situation does not involve new account activations, however, the system may still require the 30 days before being able to process hardware upgrades. Customer service may be able to process exceptions in some cases so you should mention your intentions of upgrading devices when you request the TOR.

You should note that since you both already have accounts, merging them together may not be applicable for any add new line-type of discounts.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers