cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 14 2019 FIDO $10 Account Handling Fee

dannywg
I'm a participant level 3

What's up with this? Starting May 14 2019 FIDO customers will be charged a mandatory $10 account handling fee to complete transactions with a live agent, chat or social media.

Are the other major carriers going to charg to speak to a live agent as well?

4 REPLIES 4

dannywg

Perhaps to voice our dissatisfaction everyone should call twice a day to speak to a live agent until the handling fee kicks in?

Hey @dannywg

Thank you for your feedback!

We're not able to comment on what other carriers do or don't do. 

The good news about the fee is that it applies to a select list of transactions that are available through our self-serve options. Anyone can perform these select transactions for free using one of our self-serve options whenever and wherever it is most convenient.

You can check out the full list of transactions right here. Smiley

I hope this helps!

Hwr778
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

While not currently on the list, I assume that calling in and attempting to speak to Loyalty and Retention will soon incur this fee also?

I mean, if the first representative that you contact manages to acknowledge the existence of that department and successfully complete the transfer to them...

Hey @Hwr778!

As specified in the solution above, this only applies to certain transactions, and these transactions are only transactions that can be performed by the customer themselves through our self-serve tools.

Hope this helps!