cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my sim card.

gdhesi
I'm a participant level 1

hi i have traverlled outisde of the country to untied staes and ive lost my phone. i need a new sim card sent to me as soon as possible as i have been trying to contact fido over the phone all day with out any luck and nobody has answered my call

8 REPLIES 8

vijay_1KUMAR

I lost my phone and I wanna block SIM card 

Hi @vijay_1KUMAR , sorry to hear that you lost your phone. You should be contacting Fido support directly to havevyour Sim card blocked or canceled and get a new one. Here  are the various ways to contact a fido representative. You should do so immediately so that you don't incur any expense related to the loss of your Sim. 

Jessik_liliana
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi dear , 

I am lost my cellphone and as a result my SIM card , but with COVID situation I had paralyzed in my home country (Mexico ) until international students  would be able to travel again . Would you be able to ship it to me in a different  address ( than the recorded in my agreement ) please .

And what should be the cost for? appart of the 10 dollars + shipment 

or is any chance that a friend of mine would pick it up in any province in Canada?

thanks in advane 

Hey @Jessik_liliana,

I'm really sad to learn that you lost your phone, it's never a pleasant situation Sad

As much as we'd love to, it's not possible to ship the package to an international address, we can only ship it within Canada. 

You friend could pick up the SIM card for you and activate it in store, you would just need to add them as an Authorized Contact Level 1 on your account first. You can do that by contacting us through one of these channels.

The SIM card is $10+tax and no other charges apply. 

If not already done, I would also suggest adding restrictions to your line until you get the new SIM card to make sure no one uses the services. Check out this article on our Community that explains the steps you need to take to block it. 

Hope this helps!

AnnaStephenson

Hi,

While I was abroad I had my phone stolen. I was able to get a used device from my friend which I am continuing to use.

How would I go about getting a new sim card without buying a whole new device? I cannot go into the store right now because i am in quarantinenor do i have access to calling (no sim card). I really need this sim card as I am currently applying to jobs and need to be reachable.

Thanks. 

Hey @AnnaStephenson!

You don't need to purchase a new device to get a new SIM card. You can contact us and we will order a new SIM card for you since you can't go to a store due to the pandemic. We can also send you a PM from here. 

Let us know what you prefer! 

FidoKenny

Hey @gdhesi and welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear about your sim card. You were not lucky on that situation.

You can definitely order a new sim card through Fido.ca or with customer service and have it shipped to your billing address.

To do so through customer service, you can reach out through our channels found here.

Another simple way to get a new sim card is by visiting one of our stores to pick one up. To find a store near you, you can use our locator here.

Hope this helps.

rahimpal

Hi, I lost my sim, out of canada at the moment,can I get a new sim card with same  number?