Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance waiving charges

Ogeid85
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

I saw some posts but it is not clear to me the long distance waiving being done so here is my question:

I'm in Canada and I have a post paid plan. If I call another country: (i.e. Brazil, Spain), will those long distance fees be waived? 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

adebola_soyebi
I'm a participant level 1

I made a long distance call once and it has been applied to my monthly bill ever since, how do i remove this?

Hello Adebola_soyebi,

Welcome to the community!

Have you had a chance to view the billing details? You can do so via My Account --> Billing & Payments. From there, you can Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. Alternatively, you should also be able to view the details online under Other charges and credits (see here). Are the charges for a long-distance call or is it possible the charges are for a long-distance add-on? Alternatively, is it possible there was an increase in the cost of your monthly plan?

You should note that these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we do not have access to customer accounts. If you would like to discuss specific account issues, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

itskhang

Got charged with long distance calls for the month of April, I'm disappointed. 

The month of March my mom got charged extra, which when I went in billing details to see that it was "Frais d'appels interurbains". This was right because she did call internationally without knowing it will be extra.

In April, I got an email from Fido titled "Les frais d'interurbain sont annulés jusqu'au 30 juin". Reading through the email, it says "Prolongé jusqu’au 30 juin — On sait à quel point c’est important de connecter avec ses proches en ces moments difficiles et on est là pour aider. Alors, on continue d’annuler automatiquement tous les frais d’interurbain partout au pays pour tou.te.s nos client.e.s Fido du service sans-fil jusqu’au 30 juin." I did not click any further to read about it, though in the email nowhere that Fido mentions its Canada-wide only.

Therefore I told my mom to just call to check in on our family in our country since fido is waiving the fees. She called our family a few times. Then this morning I found out that she was charged with the same thing as last month. So I came here looking for answers.

I guess that it is my fault for not checking further to see the details, though at the same time Fido should have specified further in the email that I received.

Hey @itskhang,

I understand that unwanted charges are not fun and especially during this difficult time. Roughly translated, the notification mentions that we'll continue to remove LD charges within the country. If there was any confusion regarding this, I would suggest that you reach out to our customer care support to double-check. With that said, we truly appreciate the feedback.

Our goal with this step is to help our customers who are un limited plans to keep in touch with their loved ones within Canada and not have to worry about extra charges.

We're also offering flexible payment options to help our customers. You can always contact our Credit Operations team to take a look at your options.

Vytalboy

I’ve been charged for a call to the US that I never made. How do I get the charge removed from my monthly bill?

Hey @Vytalboy,

Welcome to the community! 😃

We'll be happy to go over the details of the long-distance call with you. 

Feel free to reach out to us through these channels in order to look into the situation with you. Alternatively, we can send you a private message via the community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ogeid85,

Fido is waiving Canadian long-distance. That is, from Canada to other Canadian phone numbers Canada-wide. Calling other Countries would incur regular long-distance charges. You can view the measures Fido are offering here. If you do need to make calls to other countries, you might consider their Preferred International rates add-on (see here, under Long Distance).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ogeid85

Thanks for clarifying!

Daneille

I had $33 long distance charges, can you please let me know if this is an error? Will it be waived? Or do I pay it?

Hello Daneille,

Welcome to the community!

Were those long-distance charges to phone Canadian phone numbers? Fido is only waiving Canadian long-distance charges in response to Covid-19.

If those charges were indeed to other Canadian phone numbers, you might consider contacting customer support so they can verify those charges with you. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers