Long distance waiving charges

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Long distance waiving charges

Hi,

I saw some posts but it is not clear to me the long distance waiving being done so here is my question:

I'm in Canada and I have a post paid plan. If I call another country: (i.e. Brazil, Spain), will those long distance fees be waived? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Long distance waiving charges

Hello Ogeid85,

Fido is waiving Canadian long-distance. That is, from Canada to other Canadian phone numbers Canada-wide. Calling other Countries would incur regular long-distance charges. You can view the measures Fido are offering here. If you do need to make calls to other countries, you might consider their Preferred International rates add-on (see here, under Long Distance).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Hello Ogeid85,

Fido is waiving Canadian long-distance. That is, from Canada to other Canadian phone numbers Canada-wide. Calling other Countries would incur regular long-distance charges. You can view the measures Fido are offering here. If you do need to make calls to other countries, you might consider their Preferred International rates add-on (see here, under Long Distance).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

Thanks for clarifying!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

I had $33 long distance charges, can you please let me know if this is an error? Will it be waived? Or do I pay it?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Daneille,

Welcome to the community!

Were those long-distance charges to phone Canadian phone numbers? Fido is only waiving Canadian long-distance charges in response to Covid-19.

If those charges were indeed to other Canadian phone numbers, you might consider contacting customer support so they can verify those charges with you. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted

Got charged with long distance calls for the month of April, I'm disappointed. 

The month of March my mom got charged extra, which when I went in billing details to see that it was "Frais d'appels interurbains". This was right because she did call internationally without knowing it will be extra.

In April, I got an email from Fido titled "Les frais d'interurbain sont annulés jusqu'au 30 juin". Reading through the email, it says "Prolongé jusqu’au 30 juin — On sait à quel point c’est important de connecter avec ses proches en ces moments difficiles et on est là pour aider. Alors, on continue d’annuler automatiquement tous les frais d’interurbain partout au pays pour tou.te.s nos client.e.s Fido du service sans-fil jusqu’au 30 juin." I did not click any further to read about it, though in the email nowhere that Fido mentions its Canada-wide only.

Therefore I told my mom to just call to check in on our family in our country since fido is waiving the fees. She called our family a few times. Then this morning I found out that she was charged with the same thing as last month. So I came here looking for answers.

I guess that it is my fault for not checking further to see the details, though at the same time Fido should have specified further in the email that I received.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Hey @itskhang,

I understand that unwanted charges are not fun and especially during this difficult time. Roughly translated, the notification mentions that we'll continue to remove LD charges within the country. If there was any confusion regarding this, I would suggest that you reach out to our customer care support to double-check. With that said, we truly appreciate the feedback.

Our goal with this step is to help our customers who are un limited plans to keep in touch with their loved ones within Canada and not have to worry about extra charges.

We're also offering flexible payment options to help our customers. You can always contact our Credit Operations team to take a look at your options.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7