Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance overcharge

nirmal09bains
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Officials at Presidents office

Just want to give you a feedback as couple of my friends left Fido without giving the feedback.

I am very disappointed as I am a customer of Fido from last 3 years.

I just came to know that my bill jumped up by $100 for the past two months for using long distance when you have 1000 minutes to use for long distance and all of a sudden that is vanished and charges starts.This happened one time in the past too but i just ignored that time.

I spoke with the customer service and asked for a supervisor, the agent told me the supervisor will say the same thing-a denial.

I think Fido should take care of the loyal customers, so they wont leave.

I am very disappointed and planning to quit.

Nirmal B

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Nirmal09bains,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that this is the Community forum and not the Office of the President or Ombusdman.

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected long-distance charges.  You should also note that the 1000 International minutes are a promotion and are not a part of your regular service plan. As with most promotions, they are often not available indefinitely and would have an expiry date. If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion. Have you checked your earlier bills?

You should also note Fido does not provide notifications for long-distance usage or overages. It has always been the customers' responsiblity to monitor their own voice and messaging usage. Since you noted it happened in the past, it seems likely that promotion had ended on your account previously.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

You should also note that you will only be referred to the Ombudsman once the proper escalation process had already been exhausted (see here). You might also refer here for steps to Resolve a Concern.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

nirmal09bains

Hi 

to me your reply is very arrogantly and acccusing me tht it is all my fault. You should respect your clients and mind you tone when responding in a community forum. 
My message in the forum was very formal and politely refer to the old clients leaving Fido.

i wanted to reach the presidents office officials, so that it can be resolved  and i can continue to be a member of Fido.

You sounds similar to the agent who spoke rathfully and gave no solution.

regards

Nirmal

Hello again,

Firstly, I don't work for Fido. I apologise if my post came across as arrogant. However, it was factual. Those 1000 International minutes are a promotion and Fido has never notified customers of long-distance usage or overage. In addition, it has always been the customers' responsibility to monitor their own bills and usage. Ignoring the issue previously is not on Fido. You have been provided with the steps to Resolve a Concern.

Cheers