Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Charges!!!

Ermcyomor
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

Please who can I speak to at Fido that can actually help me? I called the US a few weeks ago because my mum was sick and we needed to help her get medical help. I got a huge long distance charge. I spoke to a customer agent and she offered me a new phone plan and said I would be getting 50% off from my long distance charges. It is 3 weeks later and still nothing. I am calling fido today and they keeep repeating the same thing telling me they cannot help me. If you could not, then why give me false hope and have me waiting and thinking that I was going to get some amount off. This bill is too much for me and I cannot afford to pay it. Please if anyone knows who I can reach out to for help, that will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ermcyomor,

Sorry to hear your mother was ill and required medical assistance. I replied to your other post here. Are you referring to the same long-distance charges?

As mentioned in my previous reply, these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts nor do we know what was previously discussed.

If the calls are on the system, there is generally not much that can be done to reduce the charges. However, if the charges were in the current billing cycle, it may have been possible to add a calling add-on which might have applied to those calls. Unfortunately, though, your previous post was a month ago so those calls would have been during a previous billing cycle and any add-on would not retroactively affect those calls already made.

I understand you were told you would be getting half off of your long-distance charges with your new plan. However, it's possible there was a misunderstanding regarding the offer. That reduced rate would would likely only be applicable to future calls and not ones already made.

As also mentioned in my previous reply, if you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

Alternatively, it may be possible to set up a Promise to Pay via your My Account --> My Bill --> Billing & Payment --> Set up Promise to Pay. However, I'm not sure whether that option is in lieu of contacting the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers