cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free phone, loyally reward

KC99
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Just got a phone call from people who claim to be fido. They said they are going to give me a free iphone15 because I was a long time "good customer".  Is this legit?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello KC99,

Welcome to the community!

I would suspect that offer to be a SCAM. Unfortunately, there have been a rash of SCAM calls recently offering deals on those phones (see here, here, here, here...). More recently, this community member unfortunately became victim of one such SCAM calls (see here). The callers claim to be from Fido (or another provider) and offer deals on high end devices. During the calls, the scammers obtain enough information from a victim to order a device. There is usually some sort of mistake with the order (ie wrong device or model or colour etc) and they provide you with a so-called return shipping label. However, the label does not return the device to the provider, but rather sends it to the scammers. There are also likely other variations of the same SCAM.

You might consider reporting the call to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

You should note that these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider forwarding the information to customer service (see here). In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers