cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Fee

AnnShirley
I'm a participant level 2

My January bill has a carry over balance from December and was then charged a late fee this I get and thus paid January bill with the carry over balance before due date. Now February bill is out and I still have a late fee, how did this come to be? I opened a chat and was told it was for the carry over balance from December, which again I was already charged for and paid for it as well. please somebody explain to me why I am charged a late fee for the same past due balance? This feels like I'm paying twice for the same past due balance 

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello AnnShirley,

Welcome to the community!

@AnnShirley wrote:

...why I am charged a late fee for the same past due balance? ...

Are you sure it's for the same past due balance? I understand you paid your bill before the due date, however, did you ensure the payment would be received by Fido by the due date? Depending on the method of payment, it may take a couple of days for the payment to be received by Fido (see here). Is it possible that your payment for January was not received by the due date?

If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

AnnShirley

my due date is the 23rd of each month, paid using credit card on the 22nd.  live chat agent was the one who told me that my latest bill late fee was for the December bill.  

newest bill just says January 27 late fee? on top states payment received January 22.. and the agent insisted there was no error 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. As far as I am aware, credit card payment should be immediate. Unfortunately, if you would like to further query the late charge, you would need to re-contact customer service. This is the Community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. Being community-driven, we do not have access to anyone's account information. We can only provide general information. Any specific details would need customer service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers