cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LD extra charges

deep123
I'm a contributor level 1
  • Hi, i have been charges for $500 for LD calling. 

I have 1000 LD minutes included in  my plan. When I called customer care, they said those LD minutes were for only 24 months. 

I joined fido in May 2019 and nobody mentioned me time limit on 1000 LD minutes, even not mention in paper works about this. Then I changed my whole plan in December 2019. At that time, i also included 1000 LD minutes in my plan. 

No where mentioned any time limit for free 1000 LD minutes. Now they charged me your 24 months have been completed and charged me over $500. 

7 REPLIES 7

deep123

Moreover, I was not provided with any of your Terms and Conditions booklet when I joined Fido and not evwn when I changed my plan. 

deep123

I have tried calling you and contacting supervisors but nobody resolving the issue. On July 4, supervisor escalated my issue to office of president. And he ensured me someone will call me in 12 to 48 hours. Nobody called me yet. Today is July 7 and time is 5:30pm. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Deep123,

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected long-distance charges.  You should also note that the 1000 International minutes are a promotion and are not a part of your regular service plan. As with most promotions, they are often not available indefinitely and would have an expiry date. If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion. Have you checked your earlier bills?

I understand your disappointment, however, it has always been the customers' responsibility to monitor their usage and the monthly bills. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

deep123

Hi, 

Yes I agree its  customer responsibility to check the usuage. Do you understand that it's also Fido responsibility to aware the customer when joining with them about their all plan inclusing any promotion or validity of promotion?

I joined Fido because of tgis awesome 1000 LD minutes. But why not nobody informed me about its 24 months expiry? Even not mentioned me in papers. 

My plan was changed in Dec 2019. Should my expiry date of LD minutes start counted from dec 2019 or from when I joined the fido? 

Hello again,

As mentioned, 

@Cawtau wrote:...f the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion.

It's possible that they made changes to the promotions. If any changes are made, they provide you with writen notification (on your bill) you at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect. Have you checked your bill statements?

You should note that the promotions might have different durations. Some might have been 24 months, some might have been 6 months. It's also possible that the promotion is only available for a total of 24 months per customer. In a similar vein, the Spotify promotion they used to have was only 6 months per customer. If a customer had already used their Spotify promotion, they were not eligible for an additional Spotify promotion if they upgraded or changed plans. When you changed plans, it's possible you were only eligible for the remaining months of the promotion. That notion is supported if your promotion ended in May.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

deep123

All I agree, do you think I should have been informed about this when I joined the fido?

Hello again,

Could you please clarify what they should have told you when you joined? If you're referring to the possiblility that the promotion could end. It's possible the conditions regarding the promotion changed. If that's the case, they wouldn't have known to inform you when you signed up. That's why they notify you on your bill.

If you're referring to notifying you that changes to your plan and/or promotions would be provided on your bill? That's provided in the Terms of Service (section 1c). Had you read those terms? Unfortunately, it's just not possible for a customer service representative to spell out everything outlined in the Terms of Service. That's why those terms should be provided when you sign up. I understand many people often don't bother to read the Terms of Service. However, that's not an excuse for not being informed of its contents. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers