cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July payment disappeared from Fido balance

Darryl3
I'm a participant level 2

Due to a banking problem, I accidentally paid my July Fido bill 4 times. $139.04 x 4. This occurred the evening of July 9. The payments were received by Fido on July 11. This was the fault of my bank, whose system was malfunctioning. I phoned my bank requesting that 3 payments be reversed. Fido reversed two of those payments on July 18, only one of which I received back into my bank account on July 22. A third payment was reversed on July 25, which I got back the same day. A 4th payment was reversed August 18, and also showed up in my bank account the same day. To summarize, Fido reversed 4 payments, but I only got 3 of them back into my bank account. Ever since then, I've been a month behind on my Fido bill payments. The bank washes its hands of it, saying "We requested 3 reversals and 3 were deposited back in your account, so we have no further involvement." Fido claims that in fact all 4 payments were "Unsuccessful" and that they never received any of the money at all, which is ridiculous because the last payment wasn't even reversed until more than a full month after they received it. So I am out the $139.04 that I paid on my July bill, with no resolution. I phoned Fido several times, and the last time spent a long time chatting with three different agents on the chat feature. They opened up a case, but I've heard nothing since. I just want that $139.04 credited to my account. I paid my bill on time, and in fact paid 4 times as much. That wasn't Fido's fault, that was my bank's fault. However, my bank never requested 4 reversals, only 3. Fido reversed all 4, but I only received 3 back. It's an obvious and perfectly understandable accounting error on Fido's part, but that being said, shouldn't they fix it?  

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Darryl3! I'd love to provide some insight on this Smiley

What you're describing is definitely a unique situation and shouldn't happen! Without accessing your account, I cannot say for sure what happened but rest assured that we want to fix this for you!

You mentioned that you contact us and a ticket was opened. These take about 6 business days to be treated - has it been longer that that?

If so, have you reached out again to get an update?

Darryl3

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did call Fido again and they transferred me through to the Rogers accounting office in Montreal. They opened up another ticket (the first ticket was closed) to see if they could follow up on where that fourth reversed payment ended up.  I phoned for an update on Tuesday and nothing yet but at least the ticket is still open. 

FidoRuth
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Darryl3, we're glad to see that you reached out to us and that we're currently following up on the situation.

Thank you for keeping up updated with the process.