Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "ROGERSWL 1TIME" A Fraud?

Lune
I'm a contributor level 2

Hello all,

I have phoned Fido to inquire about one of my payments of $148.08 on May 31st, 2017. After my inquiry, I went on to pay my phone bill of $148.08 on May 31st, 2017.

I look at my bank statement online today and saw two posts as stated below:

May 29, 2017ROGERSWL 1TIME

May 31, 2017ROGERS 
$148.08

I went on to research ROGERSWL 1TIME and found many users commenting that it may be Fido as well as it is a fraud.

May I have some insight into what is going on? Why do I feel the accurate amount of $148.08 means someone from the company is making fraud? I don't mean the company, but one or more individuals?

My apologies for the suspicion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited to add labels***
10 REPLIES 10

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lune,

If you are concerned about the charge, you might consider having your bank investigate the charge. If the money gets deposited to your Fido account, is it possible that you forgot (or unknowingly) you signed up for automatic payments?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Lune

Hello,

I went to check my online bank account today and discovered the charge for May 29th is gone. I suppose my bank removed it? The solution fixed itself. I didn't sign up for automatic payment.

May I ask why my charges are now changed to "Rogers"? It used to be called Fido on my bank statements.

Thanks for your help. 😃

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Lune,

Rogers is now our sister company, so it's possible that Rogers is displayed on your bank statement as opposed to Fido Smiley

Lune

Thank you to all for your help. Very_Happy

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Lune!

Rogers is Fido's parent company, so it is normal for you to see that on your bank statement.

Just to clarify, did you make the payment yourself or was it withdrawn from your credit card automatically?

daph23
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Why am i having ROGERSWL 1TIME being withdrawn from my account without my permission? What is this? 

Hey @daph23,

That's definitely odd, did you get to verify with your bank if it is connected to a specific account number with Fido or Rogers? 

Was this an amount that was charged and refunded automatically or is still missing from your bank account? 

Let us know when you get the chance. 

fedekendoka
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello! i am facing the same issue.

POS Purchase OPOS ROGERS/FIDO BILL 888-7 for 148.85$

I did NOT made this buy or subscribed to this service.

Fido i demand you cancel this service and refund me this money that has been taken from my bank account

Hey @fedekendoka! Welcome to the community. Smiley

We'd have to take a look at your account to help you with your billing. Please contact us here or we can also send you a PM from the community, if you prefer.

Let us know when you find out what this was about.

Lune

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I made the May 31st payment myself. The other one was a request on my online bank statement last night. Today, I went back on and found that the May 29th charge is gone. I suppose the solution fixed itself. Smiley