cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intl pnone calls with data plan

chloecc11
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi! I'm using the 15/month data plan, will I be charge if I receive international phone calls?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@chloecc11 wrote:

Hi! I'm using the 15/month data plan, will I be charge if I receive international phone calls?

Hello Chloecc11,

Welcome to the community!!

I'm assuming your plan is the $15/mt 3Gb data only plan. If correct, you will be charged for any calls you receive since the plan does not include any call minutes or SMS/MMS. The rates are $1 per minute for your calls and Long Distance (LD) calling at 45¢ per minute within Canada (see here).

Any calls you receive will be considered local if you are within your incoming local calling area (LCA) -- regardless of where the calls originated (internationally or domestically).

Your incoming LCA is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number. It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you're standing.

However, receiving calls while outside of your incoming LCA is considered LD -- regardless of where the calls originated.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers