Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call charges

Kaivalya0910
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Sir,

I am an international student currently studying in Canada. Currently I have a Plan of CAD $40/month. This month I got a pop up message on my laptop that my laptop is affected with a very big virus and I must call microsoft to remove this virus. A number was flashing on my screen and under that it was written call on this number to remove the virus. Now i was new in Canada and experianced such thing first time in my life So, I called that number and the after a talk of about 1 hour I understood that the message which poped up on my screen was in real a Scam and the number flashing was the number of scammers residing in US. The number was from US (18086980017 This was the number) and I was not knowing that this was an international call. The phone bill which came this month is very high in amount than my regular bill because of this call. So, I request FIDO to please remove this charges as i mistakenly made the international call as I am an international student it would be very grateful for me. And in future I will take extra care and stay alert on such phone calls.

Thanking You,

Yours sincerely

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Kaivalya0910,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you fell victim to a scam.

Unfortunately, since you made the call you would be responsible for the payments. Fido can not remove charges just because you mistakenly made the call, with that being said if you can not make the payments in full you can set up a payment arrangement, see here on how to do that.

Vellmadavo1956

I would like to get unlimited free calls to the united state 

Hello Vellmadova1956,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, Fido does not offer any plans which include calling to the US. If you require many calls to the US, Fido does offer an Unlimited US calling add-on. You can view the available add-ons here, under calling.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers