cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect roaming account charges

Evajmoulton
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was in the United States recently and had my phone service on but didn't use any data roaming, nor did I maLe any international phone calls. My data roaming was off entirely, since receiving my last bill I noticed that I was charged on several Occassions for data roaming, at the $10 a day rate. I want to dispute my charges as they are incorrect and I am not charged, but am unable to find any adequate support. Further assistance would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Evajmoulton,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unintentional roaming charges. To clarify, did you use your phone to make or receive any calls? You noted you did not make any International calls, however, any usage of services (make or receive a call, send a text message or use data while abroad) would be considered roaming. While  receiving SMS would not incur the roaming charge, it's worth mentioning that the data contained within MMS (incoming or outgoing) would be considered roaming data and charged accordingly. You should note that MMS are not solely restricted to pictures or video messages. Messages with subject headers or group messages etc are also considered MMS.

I also understand you had disabled your data roaming. However, you should note that some phones might consider certain system data differently from user data and continue to allow the former usage despite data and roaming data settings disabled. To ensure unintended data usage, you might consider enabling Airplane or Flight modes for the duration of your trip. You could manually enable Wifi when required. I understand those modes would also prevent receiving SMS, however, you would need to know how your phone behaves in order to prevent unintentional data usage.

That said, this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss the matter, you would need to contact contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers