cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to activate my cancelled acoount(number). How can I do that?

eozbatur
I'm a participant level 2

Because of not being used  for a while my number has been cancelled. I paid all invoices. Now I want to activate  and use my number again. How can I do taht? It's not a prepaid card. 

Appreciate for yr urge reply.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Eozbatur,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, was your number suspended or cancelled? You should note that if your account was suspended because of non-payment, you'll need to contact Fido's Credit Operations team: dial *732 from your Fido phone or 1-888-288-2106 from any other phone (see here). You should note that if your services were suspended due to non-payment, you would incur a service suspension fee (see here).

If you requested a temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to remove the suspension. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

On the other hand, if your number had been cancelled, I don't think it would be possible to re-claim your old phone number. Once cancelled, the phone numbers would be unavailable for a period before they are recirculated. If you re-activated your services with a different phone number, you would also likely require a new SIM card. You would need to contact customer services to determine your options.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

eozbatur

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately , when I login  online to my account   the screen is like the follows:

http://prntscr.com/15yqtcr   

I can not understand that I've lost my number or not.

I paid the all outstanding invoices and now the debt is "0" at the moment.  What should I do then?

Thanks in advance.

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, judging by your image, it appears as though your account has indeed been cancelled. As such, I don't believe that you'll be able to regain your phone number.

I understand you haven't been using your services for a while. However, had you maintained your monthly payments? With postpaid services, you would have needed to continue with the monthly payments even if you did not use the services. How many months had you not make payments? If it was for a brief time, they might have only suspended your account for non-payment. Longer periods would have resulted in its cancellation (see Terms of Service; section 2ii).

I also understand you have now made full payment. At this stage, I think the only thing you can do is to contact customer service to discuss your options.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi eozbatur!

To be faster chat with a rep by clicking support section available at Fido.ca

Have a nice day Smiley