cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive SMS sent to home phone ?

ChauDo
I'm a participant level 2

I have a Fido account with 2 lines, one line is mobile phone, and the other line is home phone.

Now I have a second smartphone, and I want to setup Viber on the second smartphone using the home phone number.

The problem is when Viber sends SMS to my home phone number, I cannot receive it.

Do you have any idea how to receive SMS sent to home phone ?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ChauDo,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think what you wish to do is possible. The Wireless Home Phone service is not compatible with wireless messaging or data services (see Full Details here).

Fido, at least at one point, offered a Text to Home Phone service. I'm not sure whether that service is still available. However, I don't think that feature will work with the Wireless Home Phone. I think the Text to Home Phone service is technically text to landline. On the other hand, the Home Phone service offered by Fido is a wireless service.

It should be noted that, if available, sending texts to a landline (home phone) is a 3rd party (TeleMessage) service which incurs additional cost.

If you wish to use your home phone number as a mobile device, you would likely need to migrate your Home Phone service to a cellular service. If you would like to migrate those services, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ChauDo

Hi Cawtau

Thank you so much for your useful explanation 😌