cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending transaction

Mn87
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I tried to purchase a phone on July 12 at 7am EST. The transaction was on the loading screen for a long time so I exited the page without a confirmation. My account does not show I made that purchase and I have contacted customer service through live chat and through phone and they said the same thing. Even if they wanted to help me they can't see it in front of them.

My credit card however, shows a pending charge for the exact amount of the down payment towards Fido. I contacted Capital One and they said they cannot take this charge off and the merchant has to drop the charge. 

My question is do I have to do anything for the pending to drop or should I just wait it out? Has this happened to anyone else? How did it get resolved?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mn87,

Welcome to the community!

A pending charge or transaction is an authorisation of a purchase requested by the merchant (Fido) to make sure your account is active and that credit (or funds) are available for the purchase. However, they are not final until the merchant approves the transaction. Even though the charges are not finalised, they might affect your balance or available credit.

Since you exited the page before completing the purchase, it's likely the purchase did not go through. That seems to be the case since Fido customer service are unable to locate the purchase. If the purchase was not completed, Fido would not approve the transaction and the pending charges would be dropped.

You normally don't have to do anything and those types of pending charges will get dropped automatically. Generally, it can take a couple of days for pending transactions to either get processed or dropped. If, after a week you notice those charges are still on your card, you might consider re-contacting customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers