cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reach Fido Validation team on the phone?

kkito
I'm a participant level 1

I've been trying to upgrade a phone online and directed to contact 1-888-481-3436 for validation team. After listening to prolonged information, I was still unable to figure which extension was the right one. Finally a customer representative transferred me to the validation team. However after some waiting time, nobody answered the call. 

I am not impressed with the confusing and time-consuming process. I wish there were better instructions on how to reach the validation team including extention number and office hours to streamline the whole upgrading process.

6 REPLIES 6

Sh1986

I have been with fido services for over 2 years, and  ago i had switched to other services. after canceling my services, Fido  dayssend me sms to reply in confirmation of transefring the lines. but i had never recived them because FIDO HAD ALREDY CANELLED MY LINES. so Fido put both of my phone on Blacklist.  still today i am unable to reach the VALIDATION TEAM after dialing the   1-800-644-7174  and there is no option for the validation team. Since 8 am i have been trying. and unfortunately fido team dont have the extension number to tranfer and also dont even acknowledge of the listed options in there number provided they work for. I am realy disappointed in fido emplyes. and still my problem have not been resolved.

Hello Sh1986,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. However, why do you think Fido put your phone on a blacklist? As far as I am aware, only a customer can request their device's IMEI be placed on the blacklist. Even if an account has defaulted, all costs are charged to the account. However, your services can be suspended for non-payment (see Terms of Service; section 2i). If the payments remain unpaid, the account would go into collections (see here). I am not suggesting your account had defaulted, only that Fido does not blacklist devices even in those cases.

@Sh1986 wrote:

.... i had switched to other services. after canceling my services, ...

From what you note, you cancelled services before switching to the other provider. You should note that an active line is required for the porting process (see here). If you had cancelled your line before the port request, that could explain the issues you are experiencing. You might consider requesting Fido re-instate your phone number in order to process the port request. There generally is a grace period after cancelling services in which they can regain your number. Unfortunately, your number may not be retrievable if outside of that grace period.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you would like to have your number re-instated, you would need to contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Kenjohns83
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Been calling for 3 days and no one answers. I leave messages but never receive a call back. Trying to add a line to my account but getting no where. Such horrible customer service 

Hey there @Kenjohns83

We've moved your post to this thread as it contains the solution to your question.

Hope this helps!

abhisek

same issue here been trying to call for the last two hours and no answer we were trying to get a deal for the day and told it might change really sad service

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @kkito

We thank you for your feedback. We do aim for seamless and easy processes through our service, this is definitely not the experience we want for our customers.

You can reach out to our fraud/validation team directly at 1-800-644-7174 and any available agent will be happy to assist.

Hope this helps!