cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a formal complaint

Marie-Eve2014
I'm a participant level 1

I am currently only with Fido ... it's been 1h24:23, I asked multiple time to be transfered to the manager who refuses to speak to me and I asked for the ombdsman email address and she refuse to give it to me. ... How can I make a formal complaint?

3 REPLIES 3

Young128

Fido service is so wrong. Almost same case like yours, I spent over 1 1/2 hours to talk to the manager. Even though I did not make any calls to USA they refused to credit of $14 by that. They said my sim card called to USA, which I don't understand and the manager (I2188043310) refused this kind of issue to resolve. She told me my sim card called... ??? I don't get this, How can my sim card on the phone called without me???? so Wrong. 

Hello Young128,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred an unexpected long-distance charge. Have you had a chance to view the details of your bill? You can do so via your My Account --> View & Manage bill. From your Bill overview, you can View and/or Save a PDF copy of your bill. The call in question should be listed.

I understand you don't believe you made a call the US. However, it's not really possible for the calls to be on your account without your SIM. Is it possible you were not aware the number you called was a US number? For example, there are people residing in Canada using US mobile services. While their plans might include Canadian roaming, people calling their US numbers would incur long-distance charges. You can view the Canadian area codes here. Unfortunately, if the calls in question are on the system, they were made using your SIM card. If you did not make those calls, you might consider verifying your phone does not have any viruses or malware affecting it. If you have an iPhone, there have also been instances where they have made random calls without their owners knowing (see here).

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to escalate your matter, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Marie-Eve2014! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your last experience with us. That's certainly not the service we want to provide you with!

Have you been in touch since your post? You would need to contact our customer support channels to have your concerns escalate.

Linking the solution provided on this thread for more details.