cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get SMS history

karl3
I'm a participant level 1

For legal proof, I need to get past 365 days Text message history from Fido between me and someone through my phone and his phone in the past year.

Please tell me who should I do or my lawyer.

much appreciated

10 REPLIES 10

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @karl3,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately if you do not have the history backed up anywhere Fido will not be able to help you.

Fido do not log SMS history and that's because of privacy reasons. 

For future reference can you use the Fido extreme text messaging feature and have a copy of your text messages emailed to you, you can get more info about that here.

Hey @karl3!

@KAPABLE-K is correct, we do not log details of your text messaging conversation on our end.

Do you have a backup of your phone saved by any chance? If so, then you can get the history by restoring from an older backup.

Let us know if you have other questions!

elmoboy
I'm a contributor level 2

Can you tell me how does it work?

Tried www.fido.ca/m/etm = Forbidden

Tried send "XTREME" by text to 4716 = nothing happen.

Thanks for your help.

Hey @elmoboy

I clicked on your link but it wouldn't open.

You are trying to use extreme messages?

elmoboy

Hi Kenny,

Yes, just follow the Fido link suggest but it didn't work.

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/postpaid-extreme-sms

Thanks.

@elmoboy I notice the link dose not work also, we will have to get a moderator to look into this and let us know.

Hey @elmoboy

Thanks for flagging, we're looking into it! 

elmoboy

Thanks very much for your help Smiley

Hey all! 

We are still unable to provide specific details for your text messages, time/date/number/content, due to security/privacy reasons and system limitations, however, that said, I'd like to provide an update to this thread as the Extreme Text Messaging feature has since been decomissioned. 

You will likely be able to find a third party app with similar functionality to that of our Extreme Text Messaging feature from your device's app store that you can use to send copies of your text messages to your email. 

Hope this helps!

tbui

Couldn't find any apps, do you have any suggestions that forward text messages sent via fido?