Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change last name

ANguyen20
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I just recently had my last name changed, so I would like to now update my Fido account with my new ast name. Am I able to do this at a nearby Fido kiosk in a local mall, or do I have to contact customer service myself? I would much rather have this done at a kiosk.

Thanks in advance.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

MaJeneffer
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

How can I correct my name on my billing statement account. The agent input wrong name on my my fido?. Where can I get the Change Name Certificate, do I need to pay for it even its agent fault not mine.

Hello @MaJeneffer,

Welcome to the community!

You can refer to the Accepted Solution of this thread to find the answer to your question.

Also, there won't be a charge involved if the mistake is ours. 

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @ANguyen20

Great question!

You can modify your name/name on the account by contacting customer service, or by stepping into a Fido store. 

For identification in store (to make sure you're the account holder) they'll need 2 pieces of valid ID. 

Your name will be updated within 72 hours or before your next billing cycle, whichever is closer.

You’ll receive a confirmation email once the request is completed.

I hope this helped 😃

ANguyen20

Hi Catherine,

I just had my name updated on my account. But when I make a call, my outgoing caller ID is still my old last name. Will this update to my new name in 24 hours, or do I have to contact CS to change that as well?

Thank you

Hey @ANguyen20

It should update itself within 24 hours Smiley