How to activate new SIM Card online to waive setup service fee?

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm a new customer with Fido, and I bought an iPhone with a phone/data plan. I'm trying to activate my SIM Card online to waive the setup service fee. But it seems like in "Update Sim Card", an old SIM card number is required. I don't have an "Old SIM Card" because I'm a new customer. It seems like you guys are lyingly and falsely advertising the setup fee waiver since you've seemed to make it impossible for me to do my activation online. 

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate new SIM Card online to waive setup service fee?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @stevendjie

Welcome to Fido, we're glad to have you with us Smiley

You can rest assured that we wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't the case, activating or upgrading your device online will help you save on the setup fee.

Just to clarify though, your Fido account was activated during your order process. As soon as the SIM card was shipped, it was also activated on your account and should currently be working. You can simply insert the SIM in your phone and start using the service Smiley

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @stevendjie

Welcome to Fido, we're glad to have you with us Smiley

You can rest assured that we wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't the case, activating or upgrading your device online will help you save on the setup fee.

Just to clarify though, your Fido account was activated during your order process. As soon as the SIM card was shipped, it was also activated on your account and should currently be working. You can simply insert the SIM in your phone and start using the service Smiley

Hope this helps! 

I'm a Participant Level 2

My apologies for the misunderstanding and misjudgment on my part. Thanks for the clarification, and I wish this would have been made a little clearer.

Steven D.