cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate new SIM Card online to waive setup service fee?

stevendjie
I'm a participant level 2

I'm a new customer with Fido, and I bought an iPhone with a phone/data plan. I'm trying to activate my SIM Card online to waive the setup service fee. But it seems like in "Update Sim Card", an old SIM card number is required. I don't have an "Old SIM Card" because I'm a new customer. It seems like you guys are lyingly and falsely advertising the setup fee waiver since you've seemed to make it impossible for me to do my activation online. 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @stevendjie

Welcome to Fido, we're glad to have you with us Smiley

You can rest assured that we wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't the case, activating or upgrading your device online will help you save on the setup fee.

Just to clarify though, your Fido account was activated during your order process. As soon as the SIM card was shipped, it was also activated on your account and should currently be working. You can simply insert the SIM in your phone and start using the service Smiley

Hope this helps! 

Bry2
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Didn't work for me.

Hello Bry2,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, are you trying to update your SIM card information on an existing line or activate a new line? Additionally, do you have a pre-paid or post-paid account?

If you are switching your SIM for an existing line, you will need to update your SIM card information on your account. If you have a post-paid account, you should be able to find that option via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile --> Quick Actions (near bottom of page) --> Update SIM card

On the other hand, if you have a pre-paid account, I believe you will have to go to a store to update the SIM card.

If the SIM card is for a new line, it should already be activated.

If you require further assistance, you might consider contacting customer service as they would need access to your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

stevendjie

My apologies for the misunderstanding and misjudgment on my part. Thanks for the clarification, and I wish this would have been made a little clearer.

Steven D.