cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Update/Activate a Prepaid Simcard!??

sanjaytamakuwa
I'm a participant level 2

Good Morning, Guys... Happy

I am using FIDO for the last 2 & half Years and just recently bought a New Cellphone through FIDO with 2-Years of Contract! I have got a new cellphone with a new Simcard but was not aware of how to activate the Simcard! So, I have gone to the FIDO store to get it activated. But the sales associate at the store asked me to call customer care as if this is done at the store, it will be charged somewhere around 10 CADs. When talking to the Customer care representative, he asked me to get it done with the fido.ca website. After following the procedure (providing the Old & New ICCID Number of the Simcards) to update the sim card, My Old Simcard got deactivated while My new Simcards isn't activated at all.

Please need the advice on how to Activate My New "Prepaid" Simcard.

Thanks and awaiting a response at the earliest!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sanjaytamakuwa,

You mentioned getting a new device with financing over 24 months, so I assume that your prepaid line was migrated to a monthly account now.

If you activated your new SIM card through your online account on fido.ca, it should be working.

Have you restarted your device after you did the process? If not, please try that and tell us if it changed anything. 

sanjaytamakuwa

WoooW... Bull's eye! 😛 

Yes... Did restart a device and it started working straight away.

Thanks a Ton, @FidoClaudia! Happy