cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much is a replacement SIM?

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Specifically, if I need a new microSIM how much do the stores charge? I know I could call Fido, but figured someone here might have an answer.

14 REPLIES 14

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

10$ + tx

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2
OK, thanks. Guess some of the third party retailers are a little cheaper.

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Not impossible, but that's how much we charge here at my Fido kiosk.

Anonymous
Not applicable
if they sell it cheaper, its probably an under the table cash sale, usually a sign of a shady retailer.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2
Paolo, what would possibly be shady about that. It's a product that they can sell for whatever they like. Unless you are saying Fido doesn't allow 3rd party retailers to sell it cheaper. But that would mean you are accusing Fido of price fixing. Are you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

you guys both work for fido, so you may be a little bias towards this, but some 3rd party retailers were known to take the SIM cards out of FIB phones, and tell customers they do not need them, they did this to me, and when I asked for it, they told me it was an extra cost, but he was lying. He finally gave me the SIM,  They sold them under the table for cash.

10yearfido, i am not acusing Fido of Price Fixing, you should re-read my post again if you don't understand it.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

I don't work for Fido and I understood your post just fine. You claimed a retailer selling SIMs for less than Fido is in and of itself a sign of them being shady. Of course, that is ridiculous. Sorry you were taken advantage of, but that doesn't mean someone selling cheaper than Fido is shady. 

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Actually, even if I work for Fido, everything I say is from my point of vu as a person, not a sales rep. I actually worked for Bell longer then I did Fido.

I never said anything against 3rd parties selling the cards cheaper. Already that when I was working for Bell (last August) the SIM cards were 5$+Tx.

All I said was that officially, from a Fido store, it's 10$ + Tx. I don't pretend to know the prices of every different retailer, that would be ridiculous.

Pandora
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

10yearfido, people are bending over backwards to answer your questions and you are not being very gracious about it.  If you don't like the answers someone is giving you, you always have the option to call customer service instead of being rude.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Pandora,

I appreciate the answers when they are accurate or even related to the question I asked. Nothing I've posted has been rude, in fact I have gone out of my way to be polite when someone replies but doesn't have an actual answer. As I have explained to before, I post question here to avoid having to call and wait with CS. 

stevo0195
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

Fido sim cards sell for 10.00 plus tax.... They wouldn't be cheaper anywheres, so that would be pretty shady......

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@steve0195

Fido sells their SIMs for $10. How is someone selling the cheaper in anyway shady? Why wouldn't the be cheaper anywhere else? As I asked Paolo, are you saying Fido doesn't allow the other retailers sell them cheaper? Do you understand  what pricing fixing is why it is illegal?

stevo0195
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

If you are saying other providers sell them cheaper then that I understand. If you are saying that Fido sims, which are specific to Fido, then yes, that is strange as the sims made by fido are 10.00 plus tax...

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

No, I am saying 3rd party retailers, like TBooth or Wireless Wave can sell the cheaper. They buy them from Fido and can then sell them for whatever they choose. Hell, they could give them away. It is called a free market system. Nothing shady about them selling it for less than Fido sells it to retailers for.