cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my credit card for prepaid annual refill?

Kungfu010
I'm a contributor level 1

I have trouble changing my prepaid credit card on my account. I do not see any mean where I can cancell a previous credit card & replace it by a new one?

9 REPLIES 9

Kungfu010

I got through at last to customer service. I cannot understand how & why PcFinancial Mastercard declined authorization for a

payment of $100 when the unused credit limit is over $20,000? I have asked PcFinancial to give me an explanation.

Hello Kungfu010,

Glad to hear you were able to contact customer service.

I understand it might be frustrating having the authorisation declined when you know you have adequate credit available. However, if you are currently overseas, it's possible that it's one of PC Financial's security measures. Many credit card companies have measures in place to prevent fraud. I recently had a few payments declined because my credit card company felt the purchases were not my typical behaviour. I had to call them and verify that those payments were indeed mine.

While payments to Fido might be one of your regular usages, if you're trying to pay online from overseas, their system might flag an IP from outside of Canada. It's also possible that if you have been using that particular card overseas, they might flag its usage back in Canada since you are there.

Hope this helps 🎃

Cheers

Kungfu010

Thanks Lucy. I gave up trying online as I am getting nowhere. I went to the section "Payment" by inputting a different card No. it came back telling me there is a payment issue. I shall call them tomorrow. I have also complained to PC Financial MC to ask them why they declined my payment to Fido.

Hi there @Kungfu010 , you might have to call in to make that change. Try reaching out to Fido by calling *611 from your device or contact customer service at any one of the methods listed HERE , all the best 

Kungfu010

I am overseas in Europe. The *611 does not work nor the 1-888 number.?

Hello Kungfu010,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues changing your credit card. If you are currently overseas, you would need to use the Abroad access number: 1-514-925-4590 (see here). In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter (see here). 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Kungfu010

Hi Lucy,

Yesterday I cleared cache & cookies on my laptop still the payment did not go through. I keep on getting "there is an error". I got a msge" your CC authorisation was denied" I changed Bank card & it is the same thing. I keep on getting the same singsong..

Good morning @Kungfu010 , sounds like this may require a call in to Fido customer service and request they make the change for you. *611 works well for me or a chat on Twitter with fidosolutions. Other than yourself,  customer service is the best way to access any account changes you require. Thanks for letting us know that you couldn't make the required changes through the app or on the website. Stay safe

Kungfu010

on many occasions I have trouble getting my pre-paid payment validated online.

Most of the time after going through all the One Tine Refill I reached the submit button

to find out that an error occurs try again later. I checked my credit card data everything is 

in order & yet it did not go through. I can say that this is not a single incident ,it hapoens

every year when I need to do my refill.