cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i expand voice message capacity

MargC
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

My phone only holds 3 messages before it is full.  How can i expand the capacity?

3 REPLIES 3

fcarter452
I'm a contributor level 1

Limiting voicemail messages to three is an inexplicably poor design decision.
My mother, who has Alzheimer's, has me on visual speedial and calls me 3-6 times a day, effectively filling up my voicemail so that no one else can leave messages.  I need to be reachable esp with my ringer turned off, but apparently there is no way to increase the voicemail limit (or to access voicemail mesages via the portal) without paying extra $$$. 
I manage four lines on my FIDO account and will take my business elsewhere when the term is up.  

Boo. 

fcarter452

Interestingly one of the four lines is my mother's cell base station home account, which has no apparent limit on voicemail messages. That line costs less than half that of mobile lines - so why can't mobile customers have the same voicemail account??

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MargC,

Welcome to the community and Happy New Year!

Fido plans come with regular voicemail which can hold up to 3 voice messages. They also offer a Premium Voicemail-to-text (or Visual Voicemail for iPhone) which can hold up to 35 messages as a part of a value pack (see here, under voicemail). While they used to offer the voicemail add-ons as a separate add-on, I'm not sure if that is an option anymore. You will need to contact customer service to see if the Premium or Visual voicemails can be added separately. If possible, they may need to add it onto your account since it is not available via website. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they have verified some information, they can also access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers