cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible New Phone/Chat Support system

mubdi
I'm a participant level 1

I am truly frustrated by the new AskJack/phone support system that Fido has implemented (as of this week it appears). 

I have had a ticket open with Fido support regarding a roaming issue (neither here nor there for this purpose of this complaint). In previous interactions around this case, they asked me to call back after my bill, and they gave me a case number. Not a problem, or so I thought.

This new arcane system seems to be designed to prevent any interaction with a human at all cost. So, when calling 611 and navigating the menu to get to a customer support agent, the system leads to a dead end where they send you a text message to AskJack and hang up on you. When you go to AskJack, beyond the automated queries, when you ask for a representative, it puts you on a queue to speak to a representative via chat. The representative on chat is unable to schedule a callback (and the chat has a significant latency) - so they recommend going through the system again, but this time, through AskJack, asking for a call back rather than a representative. Turns out, you can only do this via the link provided by SMS once you've called in, and not by starting an AskJack session via the website directly. 

This level of work to get to someone when you have an existing support ticket is atrocious. I can say with certainty that if this continues to be the system to get support, you will be losing two subscribers at least.

12 REPLIES 12

LenK

I needed a replacement sim. There was even an option in the chat for that, but I still had to request a call back, which never happened as far as I know. I had the luxury of an additional phone for a call back, otherwise the whole process would be totally useless.

Nixon71

I totally agree with you. Having same issue with Fido. Useless Ask Jack sends you to call back with text message and inspite of scheduling call back past 3 days many times during the day abd even I get text message of reminder if call back 30 minutes before but no one from customer service calls. This has been going on past 3 days. Thinking of complaining to consumer bureau or CRTC.

Hey @Nixon71,

Welcome to the community! 

We're sad to learn that you're having a hard time getting through customer care over the phone with the new call back system. 

We do have other venues for support such as live chat or even via social media. All of our contact methods can be found here.

We'd love nothing more but to help! 

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

CRTC is not the right venue. CCTS is your only recourse. Even then, they may (likely) reject your complaint. 

clsmooth

I ended up repeatedly screaming the word "agent" to "Jack" only to get to an option of scheduling a call-back with an actual human after 10 minutes and loosing my voice.

Fido should reduce all customer's monthly bills by 5% if this is the case.  We're clearly not paying for staff anymore.  Fido's already clearly saving money by not testing anything before releasing it to the public.

Hey @clsmooth,

That's definitely not how we want you to feel. Moving forward, feel free to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. Our social media team will be happy to help you!

Newfey
I'm a participant level 2

This system is a total nightmare! I stayed with Fido all these years for their customer service. Always a friendly person to help but now...I used to recommend Fido to everyone, now I tell them to stay far away. I'm ready to pay off our contracts and move to Videotron.

Hello @Newfey 

I'm sorry  to see you feel that way. We would be happy to go over your options with you.

You can find all the way to reach us here.

Newfey

You've listed 6 options but none of them are by phone. I want to talk to a real person without going through hoops to schedule a callback.

You will easily find the customer service number to reach us on the link I sent you here.

From there, you can reach a representative on the phone to assist you.

JohnnyMcs1959

I totally agree.  This system is absolutely infuriating.  Nothing but total **bleep**. The miscreant who thought this up should be fired.  Fido is going to lose a lot of customers over this.  I have been with them for 8.5 years,  but this is to much 

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @mubdi 

I'm with you, too many options can confuse users. I think fido will improve AskJack over the time :).

Have a nice day Smiley