cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! I Can't Pay Rest of my Phone off

CB14
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just want to pay off the remaining balance of my phone as there isn't much left on it. I really tried my hardest to get through customer service but it was probably the worst experience I've ever had with any customer service. 2 people hung up after "holding" and the 1 person I got managed to stay on call but after an hour it went nowhere. Keep in mind I was put on hold so many times with each and every customer service person. That was a few months ago but I still want to pay off this balance as I do not want to continue paying the amount I do. There's an issue with my account which maybe is why no person could help. I am linked with my mother and have been for 7 years I think, but now I am an adult and want to have my own account. For some reason when trying to make a seperate account, my credit card wasn't working despite me typing in the code 20 times (which I am not lying about). If I cannot get off my mother's name, I at least want to pay this phone off and get a BYOP plan as I do not want to continue paying this much. Every Fido worker I've talked with always tells me "You can pay it off on the website" but there is NO option on the website when logging in!!.. All there is, is a way to add to your balance which is not what I want. Please help!!... I am beyond frustrated as this has been going on for a long time. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @CB14

Sorry to hear about your recent experience.

You can have the remaining balance on your device billed to your account if you opt out of your term (provided you're on our old financing program). The new Fido payment program (FPP) works a bit differently, and you can choose to add any amount or the full amount on the device you own, at your convenience.

However, since you're also looking to complete a transfer of responsibility, we'll need to confirm a few more details with you. I'll be sending you a PM so we can go over the details together, talk to you soon!