cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven’t received $50 Best Buy gift card that from internet bundle

Natashaaco
I'm a participant level 2

I bought a home internet bundle more than a month ago and still have not received the $50 Best Buy gift card that came along with it. My pending date shows 0001-01-01 and is still under “review”. I have tried contacting both the customer service line and even Best Buy, but no one has given me any guidance to when I will be receiving it. 

15 REPLIES 15

Tracey81
I'm a participant level 1

I have yet to receive the promo gift card with my home internet student package???? I have contacted Fido several times and had no luck with receiving my gift card. My order status is pending it’s been months 

Hey @Tracey81

I'm sad to see you're having this kind of experience while redeeming your offer for this promotion. I would like to take a closer look into this with you. I'll send you a PM so we can get to the bottom of this together. 

Bose2

I signed up for the promo in August and have been waiting for it ever since. I have contacted customer support 4 times about the issue, and each time the issue just gets 'escalated to the support team'. The promo was supposed to be distributed within 7 days of signing up, but it has been 81 days now and I still have not received it.

I am beginning to think that this wast just false advertising or a hoax by Fido, to reel in students and hope that they don't have enough free time to actually question why there is no gift card.

Now wishing that I choose another ISP that actually follows through on their promotions to students.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Bose2

Welcome to the Community! 

That doesn't sound right, specially since you mention you contacted support 4 times to go over this!

I'll send you a PM and we'll get this sorted out.

Talk to you soon. 

Bose2

FYI: It has been a week and this issue still has not been addressed.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Bose2

I see this was handled in PM. 

Have a good day.

Tisna

Would someone be able to help me too? I have called fido many times and no one knows what to do. I signed up for Internet on September 2nd but I have received it my gift card.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Tisna,

That doesn't sound right at all! Let's take another look into this and sort things out.

I'll send you a PM, see you there!

SilvanaV

I switched to Fido internet in August and still haven't heard anything either.  Is there something that can be done?

Hello @SilvanaV

Let's take a look at your account together to see what's going on .

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon.

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Natashaaco, welcome to the community!

If you registered for the gift card, rest assured you will definitely receive it. It has been a pretty popular offer, so delays may apply. 

Let us know if there is anything else that the community can help you with!

akothig

Hi @FidoDaniela ,

I am in a similar situation where my home internet was supposed to come with a $50 Best Buy gift card. I was wondering how I register for the offer? Or is it something that is automatically processed? 

A further question I have, is will I receive the gift card through the mail or through email?

Thank you for the help!

Hello @akothig

After your services are installed, you should have received an email within 7-10 business days to register to receive the gift card. 

Here's the link in question to receive the gift card: https://www.myfidopromotions.com/

You should receive the card within 5 business days afterwards by email. Smiley  

Natashaaco

Now I’m unable to view the promotions lookup, it’s giving me an error with a bunch of code on the page. Just wondering why this is occurring and when can I expect the gift card? It’s been almost 2 months 

Hello @Natashaaco

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.