Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got locked out of my fido web account & mobile app

Gavinda_Harsha
I'm a participant level 2

Hi

Today I tried to request a new iPhone 13 pro max device under the Fido payment program and in the end, I wanted to update my current billing and shipping address. Since I have moved from the original address I listed in my Fido account and from today onwards I was about to wait for my new iPhone shipment to arrive at a different location. So I thought it would be convenient if you'd send me the device to my new address. I had to sign off and sign in a couple of times to make sure that my address was updated because the order details showed the old address on the web invoice at the checkout. So I made sure that I changed my correct address and it's visible on my account settings. After a couple of hours of placing the order for the new phone, I wanted to check my outstanding balance in the night and 20 minutes before I started writing this post, I tried to log into my fido account but on the login page, an error appeared saying "Access to this My Account profile has been suspended. Please contact us so we can help." So I'm asking for help to get ac

cess to my account and to know how this would affect my order; lord knows whether it's already suspended or on hold.

Fido support page stated that if I happened to change the addresses you guys would check my details of the financial institution and verify that the info is legit. So please do so and kindly let me log into my account.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Gavinda_Harsha,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your account has been suspended. It can happen if the system suspects activity might be fraudulent. Fraudulent behaviour tends to include multiple access attempts to a particular line or account. While it's true that making multiple changes to an account can be for legitimate reasons, they cannot overlook the possibility that nefarious actors may have access to a customer's information.

I understand you were just trying to ensure your address was correct. however, your repeated sign-off and sign-in's following your purchase could have been viewed as suspicious and triggered the suspension. My account was recently suspended as well. Apparently, my VPN triggered the suspension. The IP address was considered suspcious and my access suspended. The system isn't perfect, but I'm glad there are measures in place meant to prevent fraud.

You would need to contact customer service to have them remove the suspension. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. Once in contact with them, they will likely refer you to their Fraud department and/or Verification/Validation team in order to get it sorted.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Gavinda_Harsha

Hey Cawtau,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, I did contact them via Twitter & Facebook channels and waiting for a positive reply. Fingers crossed.