cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of monthly add-on

Andy10
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Can someone tell me how I get rid of my $20 monthly add-on?

8 REPLIES 8

adrianbachmanns
I'm a participant level 2

So this means even though I cancelled it as soon as I noticed the charge I will STILL have to pay one more time for a service I cancelled and won't use? This doesn't make sense? I cancelled and have a text confirmation but I go into my bills and it shows as it will expire on August 3rd, 2021? So I have to pay AGAIN for the add on data that I won't use?

Hey @adrianbachmanns! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

To clarify, any Data add-ons that you cancel will be effective at the end of the billing cycle you're currently in. This is done to avoid any partial charges for the amount charged and the data allotted to you, as this can make the invoice overly complicated and also avoids any potential extra charges for going over your data.

I hope this helps explain how it works better.

adrianbachmanns

Hello Phillippe,

Thanks for the clarification. Wish wouldn't have to pay for it again but will just ensure it is removed by August.

Have a nice day.

DSS11

It's a pain getting rid of monthly 'Add on Data'. Seems like Fido have deleberately made it impossible to do. When I text "CANCEL" to 222 - I get reply back text from 3339 which says "Hi, it's Fido: Sorry we could not complete your request. To add data to your plan now, please text the keyword "DATA" to 222. It's a frustrating experience with this Fido 222. Anybody have the same experience and any solution. One solution of course is to change the service provider before the next billing cycle.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @DSS11

This message would indicate that you've already removed the option and there is no other Data add-on to cancel.

Once you add it, it will remain on your plan until the end of your cycle whether you've removed the monthly Data add-on in the middle of your bill cycle or at the end of it.

You can also find more info here on our FAQ page. Hope this helps.

DSS11

Thank you for the response. 'Add on Data' was not removed from future billing cycles when I sent text "CANCEL". Moreover I should not have got the return message I mentioned in my previous post when I texted "CANCEL" for the very first time. Also, in 'Plan Details 'Add ON Data' was shown as 'recurring".Ultimately, I had to call representative who did the job of removing recurring data.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Andy10,

Welcome to the community!

Only a Fido representative can remove the add-ons, you can reach out to Fido from any of the available methods listed here.

Hey @Andy10,

Are you referring to the $20 / 1.5 GB Data Top Up option? If that's the case, you can remove it yourself by sending a text message with the word CANCEL to 222 and you'll then receive an SMS with cancellation instructions.

Just a heads up, the change will take effect on the first day of your next billing cycle. You will still be able to use the data from the Data Top-up your current billing cycle.

Also, you'll see a final charge on your next invoice which will cover the Top-up for the current bill cycle.

If you're looking to remove any other additional option from your account, you would need to get in touch with Customer Care as KAPABLE-K suggested.

Hope this helps. Smiley