I'm a participant level 1

G5 of my wife's on same account as my P30lite has no phone out or in and no sms

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Groversinlove,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, could you please clarify whether your wife's phone is the LG G5? Also, is her phone the Canadian version of that phone? If not, have you verified whether her phone is compatible with the networks? You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. Does her phone show it's receiving any signal at all?

Have you tried your SIM in your wife's phone and/or her SIM in your phone? It might help identify where the issue lies.

You might also consider verifying that the phone is using the proper APN and SMS Message Centre settings. You can verify those settings here and here, respectively. 

Additionally, you might consider contacting customer service so that they can ensure there are no issues with her plan on your account. Alternatively, you  might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Groversinlove 

Welcome to the community!

Have you add the new sim to your P30 lite and restart it ? see here 

What does your my account Fido show as Sim?

SIM cards for monthly accounts can only be activated on Fido.ca via MyAccount or in a Fido store. For prepaid accounts it can only be done in a store.

To do it on Fido.ca select the Services tab, and click on Mobile. You'll find the Update SIM Card link lower down the page, under Quick Actions

Keep in mind that for a postpaid account, if you do not have the old SIM Card number then activation on Fido.ca will not work. You must pass by a store to activate your SIM card.

I hope this is useful please let us know!