cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with Account Name Change.

KayleighWard
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

One month ago I sent my legal name change documents to Fido in person through fax at a store and also sent a follow up email to fax@fidomobile.ca like instructed by said in person worker to ensure that my documents were recieved. I then went on to wait, being told varying versions of information on when it would be done by multiple support staff, waited longer and same thing, now I have been told I need to send more documents than I was required to the first time because they lost my other documents!

It's crazy that a cell phone company requires me to send more proof of my identity than my bank as well as taking significantly longer and having absolutely no info on the Fido help page about the name change process! I went in to my bank and had it updated in less than a day and they went out of their way to smooth things out with my old home bank to ensure it got done faster, and on top of that I was only required to show my photo ID!

I have been told by friends to change providers but I won't get the same coverage or plan I want with other providers, so I want to stick this out and have this issue fixed. Fido really needs to make this process more clear to customers, it's not that hard to have a page dedicated to it in the help section and it would alleviate lots of unneccessary frustration due to the lack of transparency.

1 REPLY 1

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @KayleighWard,

I'm sad to learn that this process is taking longer to resolve than it's supposed to.  We appreciate your feedback regarding having a page dedicated to this in our help section as we definitely want our procedures to be straightforward for everyone.

Feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to finally resolve this for you.