cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free $50?

Lune
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi. Yesterday I got a text from 1 (778) 668-0275 stating that all Fido's customers will receive a $50 CAD gift.

Is this a fraud?

(STATEMENT FROM FlDO)* :
We wish you a happy Easter weekend! We are presenting aII of our cIients with a $50.00 CAD gift.
Find it at :
https://bit.ly/50FlDO
*Data rates may apply.

8 REPLIES 8

rere
I'm a participant level 1

Yes definitely a scam do not follow the links. Also note companies like Fido will never refund you in links for email transfers or cash. If a refund was legit and provided to you Fido would just minus it off your invoice the next billed date. There would be no action needed from you.

JohnnyLima

What would be nice is if a Fido rep could be bothered to reply....

Hello JohnnyLima,

Welcome to the community!

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. It is meant as a place for peer-to-peer support. While there are Fido moderators monitoring the forums, I think they prefer to let community members try to help each other. If you wish a response from Fido, you would likely need to contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this help 😀

Cheers

gabrielriopel1

I also got a text from 12047300304 with the text : Fido Solutions:

Hello! Wishing you joyful holidays! As a valued IoyaI customer, enjoy a $50 (CAD) gift to express our gratitude. Embrace the spirit of the season with laughter and love. Claim your gift here:

https://secure-fidosolutions.com/

Data rates may appIy.

Im certain its a scam

Hello Gabrielriopel1,

Welcome to the community!

As Original_Lucy notes below, that message is most definitely a SCAM and/or SPAM. Thanks for flagging it! As mentioned here, you can also forward these messages to 7726 (SPAM). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter (see here). Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

I understand forwarding those messages does not include phone number. However, it is unlikely the owner of the phone number is sending the messages. The scammers/spammers often use spoofed phone numbers when sending those messages and making SCAM and/or SPAM calls (see here).

A couple of tell-tale signs the the message is SPAM. Firstly, Fido won't send etransfers via email or text message link. Fido will automatically credit your account.

In addition, if Fido does send legitimate SMS, it will come from one of their short codes, not a phone number. As far as I am aware, many of their promotions come from 4745 or 4735 (see here and here). Admittedly, since spoofing is so wide-spread, it's possible the spammers/scammers could eventually learn to spoof those codes as well.

Another sign is Fido's recent adoption of the a URL shortening service. I believe it's Bit.ly (see here). As far as I am aware, the links would be for the Fido.ca domain

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Lune,

That's definitely a scam you can learn more and find out how to report them here.

Skuby

Ok, now this seems like a scam 🤔