cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud please help :(

BrittanyGrant
I'm a participant level 2

I have been working 6-7 days a week since the beginning of February, during this Pandemic. I have 2 phone numbers on my mobile account, 1 for me and 1 for my 10+ years roommate. I was struggling to get into my account, trying to access the details of my phone bill....it seemed to high for March and is usually within $10 each month to the last. I made a $200 payment on my mobile account last Monday using my bank account. I was very confused to receive a thank-you email from Fido the following Friday for an $80 CREDIT CARD payment. I do not own credit cards. I clicked to access my bill from that thank you email that showed an outstanding  $224. This was for an account number I did not recognize, but appears in a drop down menu WITH MY NAME attached to it, and linked with my other mobile account. This was done without my consent, without my knowledge,and the fact that someone has been able to access this makes me feel more than uneasy. I immediately contacted Fido support via chat since it was early on a Sunday and I am at work. I was told I would be contacted in 1 business day.  I have been hysterical ever since. Has this happened to someone else? I have changed all my passwords again for everything. I have always had security on my devices. Wouldn't the fraudster be able to continue to access it if the account is still on there? This fraudster could be applying a STOLEN credit card to this bill payment in MY NAME as well?!  I feel very unsafe as long as this strangers account is still in my Fido MyAccount. I can barely eat or sleep. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5

BrittanyGrant

Nick, I appreciate your prompt response, and words of comfort. I did get ahold of customer service via chat so I hope that is the same as calling? I was told by customer support on the chat that it had been forwarded to the Fraud department. I understand these things take a bit of time, considering everything. I look forward to hearing from someone. Thank you. 

Yes, it's the same as calling @BrittanyGrant Smiley Someone will be in touch soon!

If you don't hear from anyone by the end of the week please let us know though.

BrittanyGrant

Hi there just checking back in. I have not heard from anyone as of yet. Looking into these scenarios, I understand it can be time consuming.  The fraudster has racked up yet another bill. I gave Fancesco from chat support my cell number AND work number. I am at work from 11:45 am-5:30 every day. 

Thanks for getting back to us @BrittanyGrant

Let us take a closer look at your account to follow up on the situation. I'll be sending you a PM to get started, talk to you soon Smiley

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @BrittanyGrant!

We take the security of your account very seriously and although fraudsters do exist we do have measures to prevent this from happening and to correct it if it does happen!

If you called in and a request was sent to our fraud team, they should be contacting you within the next few days. We double-checked and the current delays are 72 business hours so you'll definitely be contacted this week Smiley

We know it's frustrating but please don't worry, if there was any fraudulent activity our team will look into it with you.