cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud? Sent an iPhone 15 pro but didn’t order one?

Linda32
I'm a participant level 2

Has anyone else received a promotional call from someone claiming to be Fido/Rogers rep indicating you can get 40% off on all your lines?  When you agree, they tell you that their system is down and to ignore any emails and to look for documents coming to your address.  

I get an email stating their is an IPhone 15 pro coming to my house.  They sent a phone to my house and the box was punctured.  Their were no documents inside only the phone?

Is this fraud?  

All the calls coming in came from a Roger's line at least that was the name that came up on my phone and I have received about 15 to 20 calls from this same character.  

I have not opened the phone box only the delivery box which my mother signed for.

When I told the guy that I would be calling Fido and Roger's to find out if this is a promotion and I also asked him if they were giving away the phones as a promotion because I never ordered one?  He said no and that I would have to pay another $120/month for the next 2 years. 

Wondering if anyone else has this kind of fraudulent caller?  Certainly doesn't appear legitimate to me.

9 REPLIES 9

Msharawy1
I'm a participant level 1

Same happened to me.

I think Fido should put more restricitions and double check with their customers for any additional charges.

Jaisvaal1

just happend to me. they are sending me two iphone 15s because i'm a loyal customer with good credit rating. what the heck do i do now?

FidoVan

Hi there @Linda32 and welcome to the Community!

From what I read in your message, this looks very suspicious and I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually a scammer pretending to be us with whom you spoke on the phone. Please note that those scammers can disguise their phone numbers to look like ours:

https://www.fido.ca/support/mobility/how-to-protect-yourself-from-caller-id-spoofing-and-spam-calls

I believe you have just sent ut a message over Facebook so get back to us there so we can provide you support, thank you and stay safe.

Jaisvaal1

same thing happend to me - please tell me what to do?

Hey @Jaisvaal1 

Feel free to contact us via our channels here

We'll be happy to help you! :grinning_face:

MalcolmR

Probably fraud.  Do not listen to those phone calls or make any payments or send the phone to any address they give.   They may say the phone was sent in error, and ask you to send it back to them.  You will later find that you have been charged for the phone from your bank or Fide, (possible on a monthly payment plan), and if you have sent it to the phone caller, you won't be able to return it to Fido.  Check with you bank or Fido to see if there are any unexpected charges.  Do not use any phone numbers from the phone caller.  Yiu can get Fido by dialling 611 on a Fido cell phone.

Linda32

The emails came from Fido. This was part of Fido/Rogers sales calls and is unacceptable practice. 

Hey @Linda32 & @kavita4sus

We definitely don't want to leave you with a bad impression. It would be best to contact customer service, so they can look into it further and ensure everything is in order. 

We also have a fraud department they can get in touch with, who can look into any suspiscious activity on your account! 

kavita4sus

I am victim of similiar raud. i called Fido multiple time but no action taken yet. i dont know what to do. Feeling helpless