Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bill issues - new Porting Line

inkitchen
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

I recently ported in my number into Fido. After reviewing my first bill, it appears that I have been charged for my ported number as well as a "new" number for the first month.

I am trying to reach the customer service but got disconnected after being on hold for close to an hour! On yet another ~ 30 min call hoping to find someone I can explain my issue and get the charges taken care of. On 100th position in the chat queue! No email address to send my issues to!IMG_28B0C67893AE-1.jpegIMG_0445EE2D9C87-1.jpeg

Is there any end to this madness? Should I go back to my old provider?

8 REPLIES 8

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Inkitchen,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that your billing cycle usually starts a day or so after you activated your line. However, people are generally able to use their services immediately after activation. Any usage prior to your actual billing cycle start date would be prorated for the day or few days before the cycle started. You can view more information here.

You should also note that with any number port, a line will be assigned a temporary phone number when the line is activated. It's possible the charges for the new number you note are the prorated charges before your billing cycle started and prior to your phone number port completed.

You should also note that for every billing cycle, you will be charged for the following month's usage as well as any additional usage (ie long-distance, overages, etc) from the previous month.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

inkitchen

Extremely disappointed with Fido customer service.

Hello @inkitchen,

Welcome to the community!

If you need help with your account, there are other methods to contact us besides Live chat and calling customer service.

You can also send us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help!

inkitchen

Sorry I don't have facebook or twitter accounts. How about good old email?

All our contact methods are available here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us/my-fido-services.

inkitchen

Does that include email ? I guess not, why bother replying then =/

inkitchen

I have asked for a call back from Fido as I no longer have the patience to wait for another 40 mins on hold and be disconnected at the end of it.

However, I am told that's not possible. 

So, no email, hour long hold, long wait to chat, no solutions to incorrect billing!! 

inkitchen

Finally got in touch with chat with "Parisa" who made sure to let me know that she's from Montreal. However, at the end of chat she asked me to call 611 to resolve my issues.