Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido wants me to go with higher plan if I want to get the Iphone 16

lithixuanum
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Today I went to BestBuy store to get the new Iphone 16 pro max with Fido,

First off, I was told that I can't buy it in full and I have to go with the financing option, I said np.

Then after they checked my account, they told me I have a very low plan (34$/50GB) a month and that I will have to go with a bigger plan to get the phone, the minimum is (45$/100GB), I said I don't want to go with a higher plan I don't even use the 50GB they said I have no other option.

After agreeing, they told me that now it will cost me 74$ a month + tax for the phone, 45$ + tax for the plan and 70$ configuration fees!!

When I asked aobut the configuration fees they said they have th apply it even if I've been with Fido for almost 10 years. Very weird experience, I rejected the whole thing and decided to buy the phone from Apple directly. At least I'll pay it with the credit card which give mobile phone insurance + I can use the credit card instalements option if I want and can pay it full anytime.

I called another provider later in the day they told me I can get the phone with them with the same plan I have with Fido same price and internet limit if I switch with them.

Hello Fido? What's up?

0 REPLIES 0