cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Fido phone plans (e.g, retention/winback) immune to getting price increases?

Grazz_hopper
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Getting different messages from different reps - can someone please clarify if certain Fido phone plans (e.g., retention/winback) are not subjected to price increases?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Grazz_hopper,

Welcome to the community!

While I would tend to agree with Original_Lucy in that the cost of plans would likely not remain the same indefinitely, I'm not sure plan prices are protected under contract.

Fido had switched from their old subsidy model to a financed Payment Program for a couple of years now (see here). With the subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans. As far as I am aware, any contract under the Payment Program would be for financing devices only. Services would be monthly and I suspect could be subject to change.

As well, some promotional or win-back (retention) plans may include discounts or credits for a specified period of time. While those credits/discounts might be guaranteed for that specified period, I also suspect the base plan could also be subject to change.

I understand people like the notion that prices would never increase. Unfortunately, however, the cost of everything increases. At some point, those added costs would eventually increase the operating costs for companies. I don't think it's feasible for any business to not occasionally adjust their service/plan prices in response to rising operating costs.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Good morning @Grazz_hopper , to my understanding,  all plans are subject to price changes unless you're committed to a 2 year plan. If you upgrade your device and select an eligible plan, you would then have your price protected for 2 years. I,  personally, am unaware of any other conditions that will guarantee prices for any other circumstance. You may want to verify that with Fido customer service through one of the various methods HERE