cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido keeps charging me for a phone I returned.

ivm
I'm a participant level 2

A few months ago (March) I got a phone and a plan with Fido. A few days later, I got a call from my previous provider offering me the same phone and a similar plan for a cheaper price, so I decided to switch back.

The same day I accepted their offer, I called fido and asked for a return label for the phone. I returned the phone the same week and paid the balance I had left in my account (about $25 for the pro-rated first month). A few days later I got a "HARDWARE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION" email that clearly says "Date Hardware Received by Fido: 18/03/20". 

Fast forward a month (April), I got an email from FIDO charging me $1360.85 for the phone I had already returned. I called Fido and they told me there was a "pending refund" on my account, and that I should just wait for it to be applied to my account. I got off the phone and just waited.

Another month later (May) I received a call from Rogers, from the billing department. They wanted to know why I hadn't payed my balance. I honestly felt a bit embarassed because I had no balance to pay. I ALWAYS pay my bills on time. I kindly explained my situation and after about 40 minutes waiting on the phone they told me they were going to open a ticket to investigate my situation. They also told me they were going to get back to me in a couple of days, but they never called me again.

Fast forward about another 40 days and today I got another email from Fido charging me again $1360.85 for the phone I returned 3 months ago. It's like they just ignored what I said in the last two calls.

I am honestly, tired of calling Fido, so I decided to post this publicly to see if maybe someone from customer service finally solves my problem. If not, I'll be filing a complaint with the CCTS.

6 REPLIES 6

eliasmokbel

I have the same problem I had the phone for only one day contacted fido many times to tell them I don't have it . I am getting charged 1043 $ . If this is not resolved I am going to consumer protection to make a complaint

Hey @eliasmokbel

I am sad to see you're having difficulties with your billing. Were you able to get the confirmation with your tracking number that the device was returned to us? 

I am going to send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together! 

Waro

I am afraid this will happen to me.😤  

Hey @Waro Smiley

I've replied to your other post.

Talk soon!

ivm

It took them about 2.5 weeks and a lot of messages going back and forth, but they did solve my problem in the end.

Special thanks to FidoClaudia and FidoDaniela, they were the ones to contact me with a solution.

Peace!

FidoKenny

Hello @ivm 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here. We would like to take a look at your account to have this resolved ASAP.

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon.