cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido friend referral is a scam

Behcetacar
I'm a contributor level 1

I referred 4 friends of mine but only got 2 months of free service. It is technically a scam

8 REPLIES 8

uj72
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I completely agree with you. Fido does not provide proof of referral details even if we receive the verification email. In my case, they keep telling me that my referral is being transferred to a temporary number, but I never received the temporary number. Additionally, they are not providing specific details regarding the issue.

Hello Uj72,

I replied to your other post here.

I understand you are concerned you have not been provided with the specific details. However, had you contacted the Refer-a-Friend department? They would be the ones to determine eligibility for the rewards. If you had only contacted Fido customer service, they can only provide non-specific information regarding the program.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey there @Behcetacar if I understand correctly you were successful with 2 of the 4 referrals. That would make it not a scam. Did you check the status of the remaining 2 referrals? Are they still saying processing, validating or approved? Perhaps one or both of your friends didn't enter your referral code. There could be delays due to the codes not being entered or any number of other reasons. Your best bet would be to have fido support check into it for you. See here to pick the best contact method that works best for you. Contacting @fidosolutions on Twitter could give you a better experience if you don't want to wait on the phone. Hope it works out for you 

Behcetacar

Show me a page to track my referrals. You cannot show it cuz it does not exist. Like every other fido service, it is a loop

@Behcetacar the links that @Cawtau provided definitely work. If you don't want to use them, go back to the original email that you sent to your friends and access your referrals from the information in that email. Or, follow the instructions that @Cawtau provided to you, go to the refer a friend page, enter your information and then it will tell you that you are already registered and then you can have your link resent to you.  use that link to check your status. Please don't bite the hands that feed you the solutions. 

Hello Behcetacar,

You should be able to track the status of your referrals by visiting the Fido Referral page under Check Status (see here). You can view additional information regarding the program here.

If you have additional concerns relating to the program, you can contact the Refer a Friend team here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Behcetacar

It is so disrespectful what Fido does. As I said there is no dtatus check option on the link you have sent! 

Hello again,

I apologise if the Check Status option does not appear for you. As far as I am aware, it should. However, what is disrespectful are your replies to others in these forums. The forums are community-driven and not a venue for customer services. The people replying don't necessarily work for Fido and are only trying to help. Perhaps you don't find the information provided useful. However, community members should be respected for attempting to help. Those who work for Fido should also be respected for doing the same.

As mentioned, if you have additional concerns regarding the program, you can contact the Refer a Friend team.

Cheers