Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Welcome Gift (Freebie)

SorcererDP
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

In the Fido app, I received a message saying welcome to Fido, choose your welcome gift now. When I click on "Select Your Gift", all I see are options: (1) Select Your Gift (which is already selected but greyed out) and (2) "Turn My Gift into a donation to Swab The World". Option 1 does nothing and clicking on "Learn More' does nothing. So it looks like my only choice is (2)? Is this right? Seems odd to me.

10 REPLIES 10

FidoVanessa

Hey @SorcererDP!

Please force close the app and reopen it. If it doesn't work, uninstall the app. Once completed, visit your phone’s app store and reinstall the Fido My Account app. 

If you're still getting the same issue, please reach out to customer service here. We'll be able to help you further!

I'm a participant level 3

Force closing and then retrying didn't change anything. I tried to uninstall it but couldn't fully remove the program as it's a Fido app on a Fido phone, so the most I could so is uninstall an update thereby returning the app to the originally installed version.

With the app returned to the factory version, I had to re-register the app with my phone but when I tried to do that, the app kept saying "Account Info Not Available". Sigh. I then tried to log-in using a different approach (used the "I  Don't Have a Fido Number" option) but that didn't work either as it kept timing out. 

I have since updated the Fido app to the latest version and registered (authorized) it with my cell number. Just tried the "Welcome Freebie" offer again and it still doesn't work properly.   

Hey @666666666666666! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

In that case, I suggest you contact us directly, so we can take a closer look. You can do that here or request a PM from the community.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Once you click on the link, you click on My Fido Services and select the way you wish to contact us so a customer service rep can review this with you!  

Well I set this issue aside for a few days and checked the app again today and it worked. I was able to make a selection and all is good. Thank you to all who helped.

Hi there, thanks, but where do I go after I click on the "here" link?

FidoKenny

Hello @SorcererDP and welcome to the Community.

You had a chance to restart your app to see if you get the same result?

SorcererDP

Hello, Yes I have and it made no difference.

Thanks for that @SorcererDP!

Can you confirm the app and phone model versions please?

Also, do you have an ad or pop-up blocker active on your phone? That may be hindering the link access.

Let us know.

SorcererDP

Hello, I am not using any ad-blocker or pop-up blocker software. Phone is a new Samsung S10+ running Android 10 and the Fido app is version 4.7.0.67 (1245). Thanks.