Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roam

jakje123
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

Last month, I was in Germany and my data roaming was switch off. During my trip I had only one missed call. Yesterday, I looked at my bill and found that I was charged for using roaming on 9 April, 11 April and 12 April.

In the bill I found these records:

At the time I didn't call and didn't receive calls from ###-###-####. At the same time I had missed call from another phone number during my trip, but this call wasn't included in the bill. For these 3 days I was charged for 36 dollars and there is phone number ###-###-#### in the call history. Who can explain me, why I have calls in the bill, I didn't have these call in reality?

Thanks,

Nazar

8 REPLIES 8

FidoKenny

Hello @jakje123

I can understand how important it is for you to go over your charges.

To do so, we will need access your account. To reach a representative, you can reach us through our contact channels here.

jakje123

Hello @FidoKenny ,

Yesterday, I reached your representative by Online chat. The representative just looked at my bill and proposed me 25 dollars as Fido gift. I rejected money, as I need to find the reason of charging money.

If the calls appear on the invoice they were made via your SIM card and device @jakje123.

Is it possible that someone had access to your phone? Also, now that you're back, have you tried calling the number to see if may be someone you know?

jakje123

My phone was with all the time. The invoice shows 3 incoming calls from Montreal from the same number and I don't see these incoming calls in my call history of the phone. How I can receive incoming call without touching phone. The first record shows incoming call at 20:18 (Canadian time) in Germany it was 2:18 A.M., at this time I slept.

Hello Jakje123,

Welcome to the community!

**edit**

@jakje123 wrote:...The invoice shows 3 incoming calls from Montreal from the same number and I don't see these incoming calls in my call history of the phone....

The invoice actually showed 3 incoming calls from Germany (IRL)(not Montreal) which do not appear to be charged. The 3 calls to Montreal occurred at the the same time the calls from Germany were received (CF_)**

Is it possible that you had set your phone forward your calls to that number? Those calls to Montreal occurred at the exact same time you had received a call (IRL - incoming roaming). I assume the CF_ designation for the calls might be call forwarding? They removed the picture for your privacy and security so I can't verify the exact designation for the calls to Montreal.

From what I remember of the call pattern, it makes sense. You received a call (IRL) and at the exact same time a call was made to that phone number (CF_). Also, the charge for those calls was 20¢, correct? That would be the charge for call forwarding (unless you had a value pack which would include some call fowarding minutes). If this is the case, you would have been charged for the call forwarding as well as the Fido Roam charge.

**edit** Also note that disabling roaming data does not prevent roaming for voice and messaging.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

jakje123

Hello @Cawtau,

Thank you for detailed answer with description how it works.

I didn't set any forwards in my phone number for the phone number from Montreal. This Montreal's phone number is unknown for me, but it's also operated by Fido. Yes, the charge for each call was 20¢. 2 years ago I had also trip to Germany for 2 weeks and I didn't have these forwards.

Next time, I will remove Fido Sim card from phone and insert local.

Thanks a lot!

Hello again,

Hmm, that's strange. I'm not sure how or why your phone forwarded those calls to that number.

@FidoSolutions Is it possible that phone number was to voicemail?

Aside: I should clarify my earlier post... The calls to your phone were not necessarily from Germany. For privacy purposes, Fido does not list numbers for incoming calls. The calls were listed as received in Germany. That's why it was listed as incoming roaming (IRL). You received a call while roaming in Germany.

Have you noticed your calls getting forwarded when you're back in Canada? You might consider deactivating call forwarding using the codes here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @jakje123

Were you able to confirm if the number displayed for these calls was from someone you know?