cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roam in Europe question

Mark6542
I'm a participant level 2

Under my plan, I am eligible for Fido roaming at 10$ per day for International  Pulse, (max of 100 $ per billing period). 

Now I understand that with this option (given that I have unlimited Canada calling and texting), I would be able to call anywhere in the European country I am in and back to anywhere in Canada, BUT.....

Question: While in the UK, if I were to call France , would I be charged for a Canada-France call, or would I not be charged since I am in Europe? (I'm not sure if Fido's use of the term "local destination" designates a whole country or a whole continent). 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Mark6542 & welcome to the Community. Smiley

You'd be billed the Canada-x country long distance rate. Only the country in which you're physically located, as well as Canadian calls, will be considered as local.

Hope this helps!

Mark6542

Thank you kindly for clearing up my doubt.

Mark Smiley

I just got back from Italy and Croatia and I have to say the $10 int'l daily roam fee was excellent for using google maps, calling BnB and most of all, calling home to Canada. All included. I loved it. 

The only thing better, was my friends on TMobile from the US. They can roam for free throughout Europe and make wifi calls from anywhere for no fee. I just wish this would come to Canada. Alas, I don't thing we will see that generous of a plan. Until then, our roaming ability from Fido is absolutely awesome. Thank you!

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed using FidoRoam @Original_Lucy! It really is an awesome service that allows you to stay connected without worrying about your bill! Very_Happy

Hey all!

Just wanted to update everyone here about the latest changes to Fido Roam.

The rate for roaming in Europe (and in participating international countries) is now $12 a day with maximum charges of up to 15 days per billing cycle; as for the USA, it is now $7 a day for up to 15 days of charges per cycle as well. More info and included destinations here

There are no changes regarding the way local calling and long distances are charged while roaming.