cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roam - Period for Daily Charge is Unfair

Pisces_Toronto
I'm a participant level 2

I think the current Fido Roam set-up while abroad is a rip-off for customers in that the "daily" rate in the destination is valid each day only until 11:59 PM, regardless of when one starts using the service that day. The daily rate should be valid for 24 HOURS starting when one begins using the service.

Other than that, I like my current mobile phone service with Fido.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello Pisces_Toronto,

Welcome to the community! 

We appreciate your feedback regarding our Fido Roam feature, though it is billed in this way, just like your monthly plan to offer a more consistent billing experience.

Pisces_Toronto

Thanks for your response, FidoAnthonyZ. Are you an employee of Fido?

With the current policy, if you activate your Fido Roam at 8 p.m., then you only get 4 hours of service for the first day. I wouldn't want to pay for a day of roaming service and only get 4 hours. The policy should allow 24 hours from the moment you activate the service.  Roaming charges are not cheap, so if I decide to use it while abroad, I should get a full 24 hours of service for each daily charge.

Hey there. Very_Happy

You can recognize Fido employees like Anthony and I on the Community by our role as moderators and our username (we always have Fido in front of our first name). 

Your feedback is definitely appreciated and I understand where you're coming from!

That said, this policy was put in place so that it's easier for customers to keep track of how many days of service they've been using.

You can find more information about roaming here as well. 

OlawS
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi.,

I understand that this is a policy that's beyond you. However, what the initiator of this converation said is true. I don't need to be charged until 11:59pm to keep track of my days on on Fido roam. 

It's made out like this daily charge is set to help customers, but really it doesn't help is. It's expensive to roam

Pisces_Toronto

Hello Valerie - Thanks for the reply. 

Fido can still accomplish that by only putting the date when each "day" of service was activated on the bill, while allowing the customer to get the full 24 hours of roaming service for which he/she paid.