cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Prepaid optimized plan for out of Canada travel

AmitKK1985
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi @Fido Team,  I am looking for Fido Prepaid plan just for receving messages (SMS only) while traveling out of canada. could you please provide the minimum charges details on this. greatly appreciated. thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello AmitKK1985,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that Fido no longer offers a purely pay-as-you-go pre-paid plan. All of their current offerings require either a pre-paid monthly or yearly plan. As such, the minimum charges would be dependent on the plan chosen. It should also be noted that the text messaging allotment with the Yearly plan is applicable for both incoming and outgoing SMS (see here).

In addition, you should also note that -- likely due to the recent US shutdown of their '3G' networks -- US roaming is not available with pre-paid plans (see here). You can view whether roaming is available at your destionation as well as the pay-per-use rates here. Roaming charges only apply if you make or receive calls (including checking voicemail) and sending SMS. You wouldn't get charged for incoming SMS. However, since data is not available with pre-paid plans, you would unlikely be able to receive any data within MMS. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers