Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido MACC

kingwahso
I'm a participant level 2

fidoMACC.PNG

Hi,

I attached a screenshot of the credit card statement. Can someone explain why the $50.40 monthly charge appears twice? I checked my previous statements and didn't see the FIDO MACC item on any of them. I am a bit confused and worried that I am being charged twice by mistake.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

mariarolizac19
I'm a participant level 1

Same thing happened to me this month..Fido charged me twice

Hey @mariarolizac19,

That doesn't sound right! Did both transactions go through?

Please reach out to us through these channels and we'll double-check everything with you.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kingwahso,

Welcome to the community!

MACC stands for Monthly Automatic Credit Card (see here). Had you recently signed up for pre-authorised payments? Is it possible that you made a separate payment, forgetting you had pre-authorised payments? If the CashBack/Remises is related, then it appears as though the FIDO Mobile payment might have been cancelled and only the pre-authorised payment is pending.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Alexandra23

Hello, I checked my bank account and I saw POS purchase Opos Fido Macc 888-4. with a charge amount 91,76 $. Would you explain to me what it does mean? I never authorized an automatic payment.  

Hello Alexandra23,

I can understand it's concerning seeing unknown charges on your bank account. I understand you did not have any automatic payments. However, had you made any purchases at Fido? While MACC does stand for monthly automatic credit card, POS usually stands for Point of Sale and Opos could stand for OLE Point of Sale.

You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not have access to customers' accounts. In order to investigate that charge, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

In addition, you might consider contacting your bank to see if they can provide additional information regarding the POS designation.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @kingwahso,

That transaction is showing as pending it could just be that the actual transaction just got release from pending status to an actual transaction and the pending one did not fall off as yet. 

The pending transaction should be removed when your credit card company updates the pending transactions. 

You can also call your credit card card company to verify. Personally I see it all the time on my credit card for many transactions. 

kingwahso

I checked my credit card statement again and indeed the pending "Fido MACC" item has disappeared. Thanks.