cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertising practice

Dmart87
I'm a participant level 3

So I have spent 9 hours with every means of fido support and I want to educate potential buyers to a bit of an issue with fidos system. Current the s20+ is being offered to me for $34.99. I chose the $45 rate plan. The promotional credit is $48.34 so instead of paying $34.99 + $45 on check out they change the rate plan to $48.34 to avoid the account going into a negative. They justify this by saying they aren't going to pay us for using their service. However the price they offer is $34.99 +$45 which is $79.99 (pretax) a month however when you chekc out you end up paying $83.33(pretax) a month. This to me is a very sneaky method of adding a cost to make up for a promotional plan perhaps their system isn't used to handling. I have been lied to all day being told that the deivxe cost is taxed then the promo savings is deducted which simply isn't true. I ended the day being told I have to chose a bigger plan even though the $45 plan is elidigble for their 0% finaching options. 

8 REPLIES 8

Laven
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

HOW's this for proof, on left what I purchased when I signed up for plan, on right what I'm getting charged. They are stealing ~$10 a month from all their customers, I want Fido to honour their word.

Laven_1-1615356217153.png

Hello Laven,

Welcome to the community!

Have you had a chance to go through the details of that bill? It appears as though you made changes during your last billing cycle. That would mean this bill likely includes prorated charges from both monthly plan rates for the last month (see here and here). That could be the reason for the difference in costs for that bill.

If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service so they can verify those details with you. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoValerie

Hey @Dmart87 !

I can assure you that we always aim to be honest and transparent in our approach, but I understand that the Fido Payment Program is something fairly new and that our customers are still getting used to it.

Let's try to break it down to clarify everything!

When it comes to the Samsung Galaxy S20+, the current full price is $2000, but customers can get it at $160 down right now. That gives you the remaining $1840 / 24 months of financing = $76.66 - $43.34 bill discount = $34.34 +taxes per month.

However, it looks like you received an exclusive offer to get the phone at $0 down instead, as well as a monthly discount of $5, which is great!

This would bring the financing amount to the total value of the phone, $2000.  Divide this amount by 24 months and you get your monthly financing of $83.33 - $43.34 bill credit - $5 discount = $34.99 +taxes per month!

These fees are added to the cost of the plan you choose.

You can learn more about how the Payment Program will appear on your bills here.

Hope this helps!Smiley

Dmart87

No you don't seem to understand the issue. If the promo credit is more than the rate plan the system ups your rate plan to avoid a negative balance. I waited 1.5 hours on hold for a supervisor to confirm this and her solution was to buy a more expensige plan despite the $45 plan being an eligible plan for the deal. Their system is not used to phone costs this high where potentially a credit can be more than the plan costs. I hope more users catch these small over charges and fido makes this fraud based on a outdated system correct. 

silvanner
I'm a participant level 2

Thank you for the explaining Dmart87, I understand now. This should be a wake up call for Fido though to better train their own agents to be able to provide the right answers to their costumers, instead of us wasting time and energy for a simple matter such as buying a phone. 

Thanks. 

Dmart87

Ita not even really the reps fault. Fido has a very bad method of applying promo credits that hasn't evolved to their high cost devices. It's something that even took me 3 hours of support to peice together enough lies from reps to get an idea of what was truly going on. My issue was only $3.77 a month but I refused for a company to take advantage of me based on a system they haven't fixed. 

silvanner

Hi,

I am not happy with you guys because my situation is similar with Dmart87`s. I have a proof in writing from one of your agents that the device`s price is 33.32$ + tax, and when I received the confirmation emails for my plan and device I recontacted Fido to look for some answers since there was a difference betwen what I was told intially and the contract itself. The second agent confirmed that the contract is correct which in the end meant that the device is now 44.80$ (not sure yet if it`s before or after tax, no one could tell me). So where is the truth ? I am really confused about all this situation and I`m sure that if I keep the device I will end up paying a new amount with a different set of calculations. 

Can you please tell me how much I would end up paying on a monthly basis (35$ plan in Quebec, Samsung S20 plus with 160$ down payment)

Thanks. 

Dmart87

This issue comes from their promotional credit being deducted from the plan and not the device cost. If your promo credit is more than your plan it ups the cost of the plan to give a $0 balance vs going into a negative. This falsely overcharge you. Despite the response on this post their system is not correct. I had to get a follow up from what they call the office of the president to get this settled. Every Rep along the way gave false information and lead me into a 8 hour waste of my time. I have finally ordered my phone and have in writing what the mistake is and the plans to correct it if my bill is over.